We will be open again under level 2… but with restrictions.
If the various club chat groups and facebook inbox are to be believed, many of you are keen to get back out on the water asap. So without further ado, I can confirm that we will be back open from 7am Thursday morning with a slightly different operating model and rules which we would appreciate your support and patience with.
Please read these thoroughly before coming to the club.
The Executive take our obligations seriously and will closely monitor adherence.
COVID Safety & Traceability:
- If you are sick or have been within the last 48 hours, you must not come to the AWSC.
- You must sign-in when you arrive on-site unless you are already booked into ski.
- Sanitiser will be provided at a number of locations around the club for your use.
- During peak (mornings and weekends) only skiers on site. The only exceptions being legal guardians and safety persons (release person or jump coach).
- Maintain 1m (ideally 2m) social distancing.
- Ski well within your limits to minimise any potential injuries requiring medical attention.
- Due to limited contact requirements we will not be allowing beginner skiers who need help with equipment, in the water or on the training bar.
Minimum Cleaning & Operating Procedures:
- Our cleaning contractors will be increasing the frequency of cleaning inside the club.
- We will be taking preventative measures such as cleansing the boat every hour, plus washing equipment.
- Only 1 observer in the boat at any time – must use sanitiser/wash hands prior to entering the boat.
- Sanctioned drivers: you must sanitise the boat controls /screens before and after changing driver.
- There will be a cleaning station on the dock for gloves & ropes. Please use this prior to skiing.
- The office and adjacent room are restricted to employees only.
Booking Ski Tows:
To ensure we keep the number of people on site below 10, we will temporarily be implementing a booking system for ski tows. Please respect the intent of this system and consider other skiers will also be trying to get time on the water.
- Bookings can be made 2 days prior.
- Be on site a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your ski so you can spot for other skiers and have time to get ready for your tow.
- Be ready on the dock with all your equipment on and ready to go.
- Do not block book a number of sets close together. We are monitoring and will delete bookings with no recourse if this occurs.
- No shows will still result in ski tows being debited from your account.
- You can manage your booking online via the link emailed in your booking. Please don’t call Paul to do this for you.
And for the bit you have all been waiting for… the link to book ski tows.
And again, a reminder that we are doing all we can to get you back on the water. Please bear with us as we adjust to the new operating model. See you all back on the water soon.
President – Auckland Water Ski Club